Crane Duty Helical Gear Boxes
Satisfactory performance of the gearbox depends upon correct selection. Selecting a gear unit can be influenced by the course of duty of the crane that ought to be determined and specified. Single, Double and Triple stage Horizontal gear systems type HA, HB and HC are suggested for Hoist and Long crane duty helical gearbox travel drive. Three stage vertical equipment systems type VC are suggested for cross travel drives of the EOT crane. Assembly arrangement should be specified while buying the gear units.
1. Compute the mandatory reduction ratio.
2. Determine the horsepower necessary for the prime mover.
3. Refer to the rating table, discover in the ratio column and predicated on input rpm examine the gear box ranking horizontally for various course of duty of the crane.
4. The size ought to be selected in a way that the rated HP is equal or even more than the consumed HP.
1. Select a unit to transmit 9 HP from 720 rpm electric engine for hoist drive in a class II duty crane, the reduction ratio required is 31.50.
· For hoist drive a two stage horizontal gearbox type HB will become suitable.
· Start to see the ratio column and in the size HB-350, for insight rpm of 720 in class II duty the rated HP is 9.5
· As the consumed HP is 9, the unit HB-350 will end up being suitable.
2. Decide on a unit to transmit 3 HP from 960 rpm electric engine for cross travel drive in a course IV duty crane, the reduction ratio required is 14.26.
· For cross travel drive, a vertical gearbox type VC will be suitable.
· Start to see the ratio column and in the size VC – 32Q, for insight rpm of 960 in course IV duty the rated HP is 3